Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Journal Bliss

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." - Thomas Merton

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hello friends, how is your week going? Just popping in to share a couple of spreads in my handmade art journal, it's been so freeing to just play / make a mess and experiment with different techniques.

Using stuff on hand is one of the best ways to get unique mark makings on your pages - I've used the ends of a paper towel roll and the bottom of a water bottle dipped in paint for pattern & texture (see the round circle-like pattern in the first spread?

'shine.sparkle.dazzle."

If I don't like the way it's going I just slap on another coat of gesso and start over - btw did I mention that gesso is one of my fave art supplies?!

"not everybodys cup of tea"

Go lose yourself in your journals this week, it's time well spent - cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Two very nice pages!